Carpet Cleaning Tips
- Carpet cleaning and care doesn't need to be a major ordeal if you understand how to prevent stains and reduce wear and tear. Learn how to extend the life of your carpet and keep it looking great between visits with these carpet cleaning tips:
- Clean it quick. Always clean spills as soon as they happen. Remember – time is of the essence.
- Floor & Door Mats Matter. Reduce carpet traffic patterns and teach the family to wipe their feet.
- Don’t Rub or Scrub when cleaning. Carpet should be dabbed in a gentle manner to pick up spills or clean spots.
- Vacuum often, at least twice a week. Not only does it eliminate dirt and debris but it helps keep carpet fibers well groomed.
- HEPA Helps. Use a HEPA air filter on the vacuum cleaner or as a stand-alone system to reduce dust and pollen that pollutes the carpet fibers.
- Eliminate Harsh Chemicals. Think twice before using harsh chemical cleaners, detergents and other popular household cleaners on your carpet. Most leave a nasty residue behind that eventually leads to more build-up and even potential health problems.
- Forget the Fragrance. Deodorizers simply mask the underlying cause of carpet odors and actually create a larger problem later through the accumulation of toxins, powders and debris left in your carpet long after the fragrance has faded.
- Ice is Nice. Sticky spills or stains like candle wax or chewing gum can often be removed more easily with the use of ice. Simply apply, let it solidify and then gently remove.
- Keep yourself and furniture off of wet carpet. After carpet has been cleaned do not walk on it, until dry, to avoid resoiling. Also keep furniture off or place protective pieces underneath. Wetness can cause varnish, paint, or lacquer transfer from wooden furniture. Metal legs or foot pieces can rust from moisture, discoloring the carpet.
"Why Does My Carpet Seem To Get Dirty Faster After It's Been Cleaned?!"
What most "professional" carpet cleaning companies are doing to make your carpet get dirty faster! Ever wonder why when you clean your carpet, it just seems to get dirty faster? Well there is a dirty little secret other carpet cleaning companies won't let you in on. They only remove the top layer of soil that you can see and they leave a sticky soap residue behind to re-attract soil at a rapid rate.